Backpacker Tip - Travel Advice - Backpacker Insurance - Backpack Europe
Backpacking List - Backpackers Hostel - Backpacking - Budget Backpacking
A Mummy In Her Backpack / Una Momia En Su Mochila
Flor enjoyed her two-week trip to Mexico, though she's glad to be back at school. But when she tries to pull her homework out of her backpack, she's shocked to feel a cold hand clutching hers. Thinking that the pesky boys in her class are playing a trick on her, she turns around to look into her pack. She's even more stunned when she sees two yellow eyes peeking out at her.
Flor and her best friend Lupita stare in astonishment as a cowboy hat, followed by a small man with dark yellow skin and thin, stringy hair, emerges from her backpack. He introduces himself as Rafa, a mummy from the famous museum in Guanajuato. Flor visited the museum and learned that some people buried there mummified naturally. She can't believe that an actual mummy hitched a ride with her to the United States!
Amusing hijinks ensue as the girls try to hide Rafa from their teacher, classmates and family. And when Rafa realizes that it's almost the Day of the Dead, or El Dia de los Muertos, he longs to return home. The girls are forced to reveal their secret and seek help from an adult. How can they get Rafa home in time for the annual celebration honoring deceased loved ones? Published in a bilingual "flip" format, young readers ages 8 to 12 will savor this entertaining story about mummies, friendship and responsibility.
Contemporary European Politics
In this important new introductory textbook, Jose Magone provides an accessible and comprehensive introduction to contemporary European politics.
The unification of the European continent since the Fall of the Berlin wall in 1989 and the collapse of communist regimes in Central and Eastern Europe has changed the nature of European politics. This book seeks to address the new European politics that emerged out of this coming together of West and East.
Utilizing a pan-European comparative approach the book:
- covers key topics, with chapters on the history, theory, institutions, parties and party systems, interest groups, systems of interest intermediation and civil society, the impact of European public policy and the emergence of a European common and foreign policy
- provides detailed comparisons of the national political systems across Europe, including Central and Eastern Europe and the Balkans
- contextualises national politics in the growing importance of European integration
- examines the European Union multi-level governance system approach, highlighting relationships and interactions between the global, supranational, national, regional and local levels
- analyses the change from modern politics, in which the nation-state was still in command of domestic politics and its own borders, to postmodern politics in which de-territorialisation , de-nationalisation and internationalisation processes have transformed the national politics of European states
- facilitates learning through a wide range of pedagogical features, including chapter summaries, guides to further reading, questions for revision and extensive use of maps, figures, case studies and tables.
Richly illustrated throughout, this work is an indispensable resource for all students and academics of European politics.
Central Backpackers Articles
Central Backpackers Books